Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oh, I admit it...

That's right. I'm a politically incorrect homeschooler. My kids watch too much tv, play too many video games, and I'm known to swear occasionally. They also do school, I swear!

Several people have asked me to start a blog in the last few months to talk about what I love best...homeschooling! Homeschool curricula! They both fascinate me, and I research them daily.

What makes me different? Maybe nothing. I'm outspoken and loud...and in person, very shy. Describes a lot of homeschoolers I know! I'm addicted to exclamation points and diet coke. I have a messy house, too many books, and a husband and kids I love.

I started researching education and purchasing educational materials when I was in elementary school...and never stopped. My love of education turned into an obsession when I had my first child...I researched, and researched, and researched. I researched educational methods, schools, homeschooling, and any and all kinds of curricula, textbooks, mom-made programs. I was hooked. By the time my oldest was 6 weeks old my husband and I had decided to homeschool.

At the time it seemed like a great idea. And I still think it is. But it's not perfect, because nothing is, and I'm about as far from perfect as they get.

2 comments: